Marcum Technology was presented with the opportunity to assist a leading provider of retirement plans, investment advisory and consulting services that was interested in better managing their IT infrastructure. The team at Marcum Technology was tasked with redesigning the client’s current infrastructure.
With assets totaling more than $68 billion, our client works with leading academic and research institutions, healthcare providers, corporations, nonprofit organizations and public sector employers spanning the country.
The client requested on-demand access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources (e.g., networks, servers, storage, applications and services) which can be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management effort. Marcum installed a reliable, secure and cost effective IT design and then successfully completed an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) migration. IaaS refers to online services that supplant physical computing resources, location, data partitioning, scaling, security, backup etc.
During the process Marcum Technology completed the following:
- Installed and tested an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud hosted design supporting multiple cloud based VMs and a highly available storage area network (SAN).
- Migrated client servers from two locations to the IaaS cloud hosted design.
- Configured and tested client access from home offices and remote mobile users to the Cloud data center.
- Installed and tested a Cloud provided Backup product that protected the clouds data.
- Provided as built documentation and user training.
- Provided project management and coordination.
In addition Marcum also provided a Customized Managed Services support program consisting of remote network monitoring and management along with remote and dispatched support. This approach combined the cost efficiency of remote monitoring and remediation without the need for the presence of onsite personnel.
Marcum knows how to successfully craft innovative Cloud based IaaS Managed Services solutions that help minimize risk, manage costs, improve employee productivity, and maintain client compliance requirements. Every solution we provide is tailored to the needs, goals and priorities of that client’s organization.
For more information about the technology discussed in this success story please contact:
Vice President of Strategic Partnerships