Marcum Technology was presented with the opportunity to complete a project for a leading transferable tax assets company that reduces the complexities associated with tax asset investing. The main goal during this project was to migrate the company from their existing hosted solution to a full suite of Microsoft cloud products.
Prior to Marcum Technology's involvement, the client was running IaaS from a local vendor for the following services; Exchange 2007, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and File Services. Their previous design did not have the ability to easily integrate some of the complimentary Microsoft products like Skype for Business and Yammer.
In an effort to better improve their current environment, Marcum Technology proposed and implemented a suite of Office 365 and Azure offerings. By implementing this new technology, the team was able to provide the client with the latest Microsoft technologies in addition to the entire Microsoft product suite. This solution utilized Microsoft Azure IaaS to run Active Directory, as well as Okta for Single Sign On and Multifactor Authentication.
During the process Marcum Technology completed the following:
- Established site to site VPN connectivity between the client’s existing site and Azure Cloud.
- Deployed and tested new virtualized cloud server to support an Active Directory Domain Controller and DNS.
- Migrated Data from the client’s Active Directory to new cloud environment.
- Migrated users from Expedient Hosted Exchange to Office 365 integrating Skype for Business with Conferencing, Yammer and the Office 365 application suite.
- Migrated users to the Okta secure identity management and single sign-on Application.
- Provided As Built documentation and knowledge transfer.
- Provided Project management and status reporting.
Marcum Technology also provided the client Managed Services solutions that would help minimize risks, manage costs and improve productivity.
The team at Marcum Technology knows how to successfully migrate a company’s environment to a new hosted environment.
For more information about the technology discussed in this success story please contact our Technical Solutions team: email@example.com.