A large international publisher selected Marcum Technology to consolidate its multiple New York City office locations into a single office in a skyscraper located in Lower Manhattan. The new office occupied five floors including a basement, with each floor having roughly 50,000 square feet of office space.
Marcum Technology was selected to provide a complete integrated Network Solution that consisted of the following:
- Network Core switching; utilizing a pair of latest generation of Cisco Catalyst series 6807 switches configured in a Virtual Switch System (VSS) high availability pair.
- Network Access switching was provided by (44) Cisco Catalyst series 3850’s between eight IDF closets. Connectivity to all LAN switches are via 10 Gigabit Ethernet. QoS was also implemented for all network devices from WAN edge to endpoints.
- Cisco Unified Wireless LAN was provided by (100) Cisco 3700 series 802.11ac Access Points, (4) Cisco 5508 Wireless Controllers with High-Availability, and Guest traffic secured by DMZ Anchor controllers. Cisco Mobility Service Engine was also integrated into the wireless along with Cisco Prime Infrastructure for Monitoring, Location, and Analytics of wireless clients.
- Cisco Identify Service Engine (ISE) was configured to securely authenticate Corporate and personal BYOD devices as well as provide a branded portal page for guest access.
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure provided a central platform for integrated lifecycle management and visibility of applications and services across wireless, wired, campus, and branch network infrastructure.
Marcum was able to fully implement the Cisco Unified Access vision of "one policy, one management, and one network". Marcum delivered an integrated, simplified, and intelligent network platform that enabled the clients IT department to spend less time running the network and more time collaborating and innovating with stakeholders to differentiate and transform their business.