How To Evolve Your WAN Infrastructure - SD WAN?
The adoption of cloud resources, coupled with increased bandwidth requirements to support rich media, interactive communications, and other bandwidth-heavy applications, has created interest in deploying hybrid WAN topologies at remote locations (e.g., a combination of MPLS, Internet, LTE (LTE is a standard for wireless communication of high-speed data for mobile phones and data terminals),etc.).
While multiple transport technologies increase capacity and reliability, they also increase complexity and create new challenges for network managers.
Software-defined WAN (SD-WAN) is an emerging technology that can help alleviate these challenges. SD-WAN enables organizations to capitalize on the benefits of hybrid WANs while increasing overall agility and operational efficiency of the network.
A software-defined WAN (SD-WAN) solution refers to one that provides the ability to consolidate and virtualize remote WAN connections and functions into a single abstracted layer, with centralized policies to ease the complexity of deploying and managing complex WAN topologies.
A recent survey found that ninety percent of Network Managers are looking to evolve their WAN using a SD-WAN approach in the next 12 months.
Network managers see many potential benefits from software- defined WAN, including:
- Lower total cost of ownership
- Increased flexibility and agility
- Improved utilization of WAN resources
- Increased security
Marcum Technology believes that although still emerging, software-defined WAN solutions are integral in shaping the future of WAN management.
Back to top
NetApp Releases Its Newest Data Management Software ONTAP9
With ONTAP9 you can unify data management across flash, disk, and cloud to simplify your storage environment.
- Simplify deployment and management across flash, disk and cloud.
- Deploy new solutions in less than 10 minutes.
- Respond with speed and agility to ever-changing business demands.
- Drive leading TCO with flash efficiencies, performance, and scale.
ONTAP9 is the newest version of NetApp's data management software and is designed to deliver enterprise grade data management across any media, protocol, or hardware footprint.
This cost effective software works together throughout the data center, and serves as the foundation for your data fabric across flash, cloud and disk.
With ONTAP9 your transition to a modern data center is simplified as this software combines new levels of simplicity and flexibility with powerful data management capabilities and storage efficiencies.
ONTAP 9 bridges new and traditional data center architectures, as it builds the foundation for a Data Fabric, making it easy to move your data where it’s needed across flash, disk, and cloud resources.
The integrated data management support of ONTAP 9 makes flash easy to deploy.
This new software has been further optimized for flash with improved performance, capacity and utilization.
NetApp guarantees 4 to 1 reduction in capacity. As a result your organization will be spending less on storage and meet compliance policies.
- Support for 15TB SSD
- Inline data compaction works with compression and deduplication for greater data reduction
- Performance management and headroom for visibility of performance capacity
- Onboard key manager (Included for FREE)
- FlexGroups (PVR only in 9.0)
- SnapLock® software for data compliance (at last)
- Metrocluster enhancements (8-node, asymmetric)
- SVM DR Enhancements
- 7x faster clones & improved VM provisioning
- Enhanced RAID architecture including RAID-TEC triple-parity protection
- LUN granular sync replication
- Cloud HA capabilities
- ONTAP Select
ONTAP 9 benefits include:
- Simplicity: Easy to set-up and manage, ONTAP 9 can be deployed and serving data for critical workloads in as few as 10 minutes. Also, with enhanced system monitoring, enterprises can use it to centrally manage performance, capacity and data protection across their IT environment.
- Flexibility: The ONTAP 9 software is the ideal platform for workload consolidation. The platform offers common data services across general purpose server hardware deployments as software defined storage (SDS) in addition to NetApp engineered systems, converged infrastructure, third-party arrays, next-to-the-cloud systems, and the cloud.
- Security: Customers can achieve up to 100 times greater security against drive failures and meet stringent data retention policies with new triple-parity RAID protection and expanded storage encryption and compliance features.
About NetApp: Leading organizations worldwide count on NetApp for software, systems and services to manage and store their data. Customers value our teamwork, expertise and passion for helping them succeed now and into the future.
For more information please contact:
Vice President of Strategic Partnerships