Veeam Expands Storage Integration in Veeam Availability Suite Version 9.5, Enabling Enterprises to Successfully Meet Modern SLAs
Veeam Software announced that the company will expand its existing storage integration to include Nimble Storage as part of the new Veeam Availability Suite™ version 9.5. This new version is scheduled to be released later this year. Veeam has existing integrations with various enterprise storage offerings including HPE, NetApp and EMC. Adding integration with Nimble Storage to its suite, will result in improved operational performance and increased availability for all Nimble Storage users.
By further leveraging IT investments in modern storage, the new integrations with Nimble Storage will move enterprises beyond backup and into the new era of availability, helping them to meet recovery time and point objectives (RTPO™) of less than 15 minutes for all applications and data.
- Backup from Storage Snapshots: Lower the additional impact from backup activities on production storage by retrieving virtual machine (VM) data from Nimble Storage snapshots on primary storage or their replicated copies on secondary storage.
- Veeam Explorer™ for Storage Snapshots: Recover individual application items, guest files or entire VMs quickly and efficiently from periodic Nimble Storage snapshots and their replicated copies created by Veeam jobs or with the native scheduler.
- On-Demand Sandbox™ for Storage Snapshots: Use storage snapshots on primary and secondary storage systems to create complete isolated copies of production environment in just a few clicks, for fast and easy developing, testing and troubleshooting.
This new integration will be released with Veeam Availability Suite version 9.5 and will include a set of features that will increase availability and improve operational performance in both Veeam Backup & Replication™ and Veeam Backup Essentials™. The release is scheduled for later this year.
Additional information regarding the Advanced Integration with Nimble Storage coming in Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 for VMware
Veeam's advanced integration with Nimble Storage provides additional protection and recovery options that are not available without direct integration and joint development efforts that provide the ability to:
- Schedule the creation of Nimble Storage snapshots containing application-consistent VM images, and storage snapshot replication orchestration.
- Restore from Nimble Storage snapshots or their Replicated Copies (entire VM, guest files and application items)
- Backup from Nimble Storage snapshots or their Replicated Copies
Examining the Benefits of Primary Storage Integration
With Veeam Explorer for Storage Snapshots and Veeam Backup from Storage Snapshots, IT will be able to meet the Recovery Time and Point Objectives (RTPO) of the business. Array-based snapshots reduce the impact from data protection activities on the virtual production environment freeing system resources to further enable the virtualization of highly transactional VMs.
Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 furthers the storage integration by adding advanced support for Nimble Storage. With this integration, IT Administrators and Storage Professionals will be able to leverage Veeam Backup & Replication to:
- Perform frequent crash-consistent and application-consistent Nimble Storage snapshots and replicate them to secondary array for low RPO protection.
- Meet strict RTOs and RPOs by performing granular recoveries from Nimble Storage snapshots on either primary or secondary arrays.
- Backup from Nimble Storage snapshots on primary or secondary arrays, thus reducing (or completely eliminating) the impact from data protection activities on production workloads.
About Veeam Software
Veeam© recognizes the new challenges companies across the globe face in enabling the Always-On Enterprise™, a business that must operate 24/7/365. To address this, Veeam has pioneered a new market of Availability for the Always-On Enterprise™ by helping organizations meet recovery time and point objectives (RTPO™) of less than 15 minutes for all applications and data, through a fundamentally new kind of solution that delivers high-speed recovery, data loss avoidance, verified recoverability, leveraged data and complete visibility. Veeam Availability Suite™, which includes Veeam Backup & Replication™, leverages virtualization, storage, and cloud technologies that enable the modern data center to help organizations save time, mitigate risks, and dramatically reduce capital and operational costs, while always supporting the current and future business goals of Veeam customers.
Founded in 2006, Veeam's global headquarters are located in Baar, Switzerland, and the company has offices throughout the world.
Information for this content was found on the Veeam website.
Back to top
Check Point Software Announces New Advancements to Its Product Line
New advanced threat prevention platforms provide advanced protection against sophisticated attacks to customers of all sizes.
Check Point recently announced the release of the Check Point 1400, 3000 and 5000 Series appliances. These new threat prevention optimized appliances give organizations of any size, from small businesses to large-scale deployments, the power to run advanced threat prevention capabilities such as full inspection of encrypted data, without compromising performance.
This growing frequency and sophistication of cyberattacks, particularly those with unknown signatures, increases the risk of a successful attack and requires a shift in strategy – from detection to prevention. Together with increasing data rates and volumes, Check Point's new platforms put pressure on the security infrastructure to keep pace.
These new appliances allow security professionals to:
- Enable the most complete, advanced threat prevention against known and unknown threats within a powerful platform. All of the new appliances feature fully integrated firewall, intrusion prevention system (IPS), anti-bot, antivirus, application controls, URL filtering and the award-winning sandboxing technology Check Point SandBlast Zero-Day Protection.
- Effectively meet the increasing requirements to deliver full inspection of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encrypted traffic. Innovative hardware design ensures full SSL inspection, with optimum performance, even with all threat prevention features activated.
- Easily accommodate requirements for network growth and connectivity. Flexible network connectivity options from 1GbE to 40GbE, acceleration cards and a complete portfolio of appliances enabling the best fit for any size of deployment, from SMB to enterprise campuses and carrier-class customers.
In addition these new appliances are designed to protect business of all sizes, specifically:
- 1400 Series - The 1400 Series appliances are ideal for small businesses and branch offices. These appliances include a simple web user interface for setup and the ability to be controlled centrally in very large scale deployments.
- 3000 & 5000 Series - Both the 3000 and 5000 Series appliances are ideal for small to mid-size enterprise sites, providing the power to run the most comprehensive threat prevention capabilities – including full inspection of encrypted data – with a modular networking scheme.
The announcement of the 1400, 3000 and 5000 Series appliances complement Check Point's January 2016 announcement of the 15000 and 23000 Series appliances:
- 15000 Series – Designed for large enterprise networks with advanced redundancy and flexible networking capabilities.
- 23000 Series – Designed for the most demanding networks and data centers, combining the highest level of performance, network modularity and non-stop operations capabilities.
The Check Point 1400 Series includes four models, the 1430, 1450, 1470 and 1490; the 3000 Series includes the 3200 model; and the 5000 Series includes the 5200, 5400, 5600 and 5800 models. All products are available immediately.
About Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.
Check Point offers a complete security architecture defending the entire enterprise, from networks to mobile devices, in addition to the most comprehensive and intuitive security management. Since 1993, Check Point has been dedicated to providing customers with uncompromised protection against all types of threats, reducing security complexity and lowering total cost of ownership. Check Point is committed to staying focused on customer needs and developing solutions that redefine the security landscape today and in the future.
Information for this content was found on the Check Point website.
For more information please contact:
Vice President of Strategic Partnerships