New NetApp Software and Flash Systems Simplify Data Management, Boost Performance in the Hybrid Cloudmarc
Company expands NetApp ONTAP 9 software to new workloads, adds support for Microsoft Azure public cloud; releases new flash and hybrid-storage arrays
NetApp announced new NetApp® ONTAP® software, flash systems and expanded public cloud support to help customers maximize the value of their data in the hybrid cloud.
These announcement includes:
- Update to NetApp ONTAP 9 software: built in encryption for improved data security, support for massively scalable high-performance NAS containers and simplified provisioning for enterprise applications.
- Six new flash-optimized storage arrays with simpler set-up and serviceability.
- Expanded choice with ONTAP Cloud now supporting the Microsoft Azure public cloud, complementing existing support for the AWS public cloud.
New features in ONTAP 9 include:
- NetApp ONTAP FlexGroup is a massively scalable, high performance NAS container ideal for the latest generation of applications in the EDA, high-tech, oil and gas, and media and entertainment industries. FlexGroup allows customers to scale a single container up to 20PB and 400 billion files.
- NetApp Volume Encryption offers granular, volume-level, software-based, encryption for data on any type of drives across AFF, FAS, or ONTAP Select systems without requiring special additional self-encrypting disks.
- ONTAP Cloud support for Microsoft Azure. ONTAP Cloud is software-defined storage running in Azure that enables customers to use advanced ONTAP data services to efficiently share, move, protect and manage their cloud data. Customers can now gain greater infrastructure flexibility by integrating Azure cloud services into their enterprise data fabric.
- ONTAP Select now supports all-flash commodity servers.
Information for this content was found on the NetApp website.
Leading organizations worldwide count on NetApp for software, systems and services to manage and store data. We help customers capitalize on the value of their data in the hybrid cloud through our Data Fabric strategy, data management expertise, portfolio and ecosystem.
Back to top
Veeam Unveils Game-Changing Veeam Availability Platform for the Hybrid Cloud
Delivers Next Generation of Availability for virtual, physical, and cloud-based workloads to enable the Always-On Enterprise
Veeam Software has announced the next generation of Availability: Veeam Availability Platform for the Hybrid Cloud.
Veeam Availability Platform for the Hybrid Cloud provides businesses and enterprises of all sizes with the capabilities to ensure Availability for virtual, physical, and cloud-based workloads in the Hybrid Cloud through the following capabilities:
- Enterprise Continuity: Recovery Service Level Objectives (SLOs) of less than 15 minutes for all applications and data; Disaster Recovery (DR) orchestration.
- Workload Mobility: Availability for workloads across any cloud or location, to maximize IT investments and increase flexibility.
- Compliance & Visibility: Proactive monitoring, reporting, testing and documentation to ensure business and regulatory requirements are met.
- Private cloud and virtual server workload Availability with Veeam Availability Suite.
- Public cloud and physical server workload Availability with Veeam Agent for Linux and Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows.
- Disaster recovery orchestration with Veeam Availability Orchestrator.
- A cloud-enabled management console for service providers, managed cloud and distributed enterprise environments with Veeam Availability Console.
Veeam Availability Platform in Detail
Veeam Availability Platform delivers the next generation of Availability for virtual, physical, and cloud-based workloads, providing:
This new product is integrated with Veeam Backup & Replication, and allows users with hybrid environments to easily migrate mailbox data between Office 365 and on-premises Exchange.
Stay tuned for more information regarding this new platform.
Information for this content was found on the Veeam website.
About Veeam Software
Veeam® recognizes the new challenges companies across the globe face in enabling the Always-On Enterprise™, a business that must operate 24.7.365. To address this, Veeam has pioneered a new market of Availability for the Always-On Enterprise™ by helping organizations meet recovery time and point objectives (RTPO™) of less than 15 minutes for all applications and data, through a fundamentally new kind of solution that delivers high-speed recovery, data loss avoidance, verified recoverability, leveraged data and complete visibility.
For more information please contact:
Vice President of Strategic Partnerships