VMware vSphere® empowers users to virtualize scale-up and scale-out applications with confidence, redefines availability and simplifies the virtual data center.
The result is a highly available, resilient, on-demand infrastructure that is the ideal foundation of any cloud environment.
What is vSphere?
vSphere accelerates the shift to cloud computing for existing data centers and also underpins compatible public cloud offerings, forming the foundation for the industry’s only hybrid cloud model.
How Is vSphere Used?
- Virtualize Applications with Confidence – Deliver enhanced scale, performance and availability that enables users to virtualize applications with confidence.
- Simplify Management of the Virtual Data Center – Manage the creation, sharing, deployment, and migration of virtual machines with powerful yet simple and intuitive tools.
- Data Center Migration and Maintenance – Perform live workload migrations and data center maintenance with zero application downtime.
- Efficiency Through Utilization and Automation – Achieve consolidation ratios of 15:1 or more and improve hardware utilization from 5–15 percent to as much as 80 percent or more—without sacrificing performance.
- Maximize Uptime Across Your Cloud Infrastructure – Reduce unplanned downtime and eliminate planned downtime for server and storage maintenance.
- Dramatically Lower IT Costs – Reduce capital expenditures by up to 70 percent and operational expenditures by up to 30 percent to achieve 20–30 percent lower IT infrastructure costs for each application running on vSphere.
Key Features and Components of vSphere
- VMware vSphere Hypervisor Architecture - Provides a robust, production-proven, high-performance virtualization layer. It enables multiple virtual machines to share hardware resources with performance that can match (and in some cases exceed) native throughput.
- VMware vSphere High Availability (HA) - Provides cost-effective, automated restart within minutes for all applications if a hardware or operating system failure occurs.
- VMware vShield Endpoint™ - Secures virtual machines with offloaded antivirus and antimalware solutions without the need for agents inside the virtual machine.
- VMware vSphere Flash Read Cache - Virtualizes server-side flash providing a high performance read cache layer that dramatically lowers application latency.
For more information please contact:
Vice President of Strategic Partnerships