Senior Database Administrator, New York, NY (Temp, 3 months +)
Position: Senior Database Administrator
Location: New York, NY
Duration: Temp, 3 months +
The Senior Database Administrator is responsible for maintaining, supporting and advancing Database technologies across all environments (Corporate, eDiscovery, New Business, etc.).
Essential Job Functions
- Research, Design, Implement and/or upgrade various industry standard and open source Database Applications solutions, including Oracle, MS SQL and Mongo.
- Provide technical expertise in application and industry standards.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, recovery, application performance, tuning of all databases, software installation and upgrades, auditing activities and resource utilization.
- PL/SQL development, with emphasis on DBA task automation particularly partition management.
- Partner with and cross-train DBA group staff on related Infrastructure and application troubleshooting.
- Assist in managing relationship with relevant DBA software vendors, including creation/monitoring/escalation of support incidents.
- Assist in leadership of entire DBA environment to include strategy, support, and escalation to senior management when necessary.
- Must have 7+ years’ experience as a DBA working in an enterprise environment.
- Deep experience installing, upgrading, and supporting Oracle Applications software and the associated Oracle Technology stack in a multi-user environment including, database server, RAC, Dataguard, concurrent processing applications server, web server server, reports server, forms server, admin server, and discover server environment.
- Understanding the management of user account controls with in the data base instances
- Working Knowledge of knowing your way around the VCenter VMware console 5.1. 5.5 and 6.5
- Deep Experience installing, upgrading and supporting Microsoft SQL Server and related technologies, including MCSC Clustering, Log Shipping, and Mirroring.
- Strong interpersonal communication and client-facing skills, which demonstrates confidence and fosters a “Trusted Advisor” relationship with the client.
- Server and application sizing and capacity planning.
- Server and application tuning for performance and scalability.
- Performance and testing experience.
- Understanding of High Availability and Disaster Recovery requirements and solutions.
- Knowledge of Oracle and SQL back-up procedures.
- Knowledge of emerging, Open Source and “Big Data” database technologies preferred.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings/weekend as required for planned and/or emergency maintenance or troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related degree.
Work Experience Required
- 7+ years related experience.
Note: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position; other duties outside of normal responsibilities may be performed as necessary to meet the needs of the organization.
Background Investigation Notice: Offers of employment are contingent upon our receipt of references consistent with our expectations, the results of pre-employment background checks, and execution upon an employee’s arrival of our confidentiality and non-compete agreement.