Manager of Professional Services
The Manager of Professional Services’ primary responsibility will be to manage the pre- and post- sales Professional Services process, manage the engineering staff and ensure that all client facing Professional Services documents are accurate and contain the correct scope of work to meet the clients’ needs while ensuring we achieve our gross profit goals.
The Manager of Professional Services will also be responsible for ensuring that all escalations are handled in a timely fashion, provide mentoring, provide guidance for technical issues and provide constructive feedback to personnel to maintain a high level of customer service. Engineering staff will look to this person to provide direction and leadership for technical and customer service related issues.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter and be able to work both autonomously and within a group to further the company’s goal of growing our Professional Services organization.
This person (and his team) identifies, researches, and resolves the most complex technical problems and acts as third level support for all Managed Services clients.
Additionally, this person must have strong technical skills including network connectivity and utilization, Windows server administration, virtualization, performance tuning, security, storage, backup and restore.
The Manager of Professional Services will also be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures and act as our client’s “virtual CIO” by inspecting, reviewing and recommending technology solutions to meet their current and anticipated business needs and developing a roadmap based on those needs.
- Own all pre-sales activities and solution development (analyzing client needs/technical requirements, recommending design/solution options, assist in the preparation of presentations, proposals, and defining scope of work). This includes assigning engineers to pre and post sales activities.
- Have final sign off on SOW’s and work plans to ensure technical validity and GP goals are met.
- Ability to evaluate customer’s environment and provide recommendations- ad-hoc or via Quarterly Technical Review documentation.
- Perform detailed client site surveys and provide documentation of existing environment.
- Hands on configuration and implementation of proposed solution(s), when necessary.
- Be responsible for the overall utilization of his team.
- Assist in creation of “leave-behind” documentation of solution specifics for client use.
- Ensure formal and informal training to client contact as needed.
- Provide 3rd level operation support for all client systems.
- Ability to quickly understand the architecture and design of complex technology solutions.
- Stay abreast of current technologies through all available resources including Internet, trade publications, and/or user groups/associations.
- Hire and mentor engineers as needed.
- Interface with Vendors/Engineering to escalate and drive resolution on advanced cases.
- Interface with engineers to resolve escalated cases.
- Identify and document trouble shooting and resolution steps and training.
- Provide High Level Support to internal and external customers as required.
- Mentor engineering teams for technical growth and ensure that Marcum maintains the appropriate levels of certifications to meet company requirements.
- Manage engineering team schedules.
- Act as the backup to the NOC Manager when required.
- Assist Sales in driving recurring revenue such as Managed Services, Cloud offerings and on-site resources.
- 7+ years experience delivering technical solutions (from pre-sales through implementation) and/or support to external clients.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Solid understanding of Active Directory, DNS, group policies, Global Catalogs, Directory Replication and security for design and deployment in heterogeneous and homogenous environments.
- Knowledge and management of Cloud based applications.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- Experience in mentoring / coaching.
- Cisco certification highly desired and experience with Routing (T1/T3, EIGRP, BGP, Frame Relay), Cisco ASA, and switching (L2, L3, Spanning-Tree, Port Channels).
- Solid understanding of Microsoft and Cisco’s Best Practices Policies.
- At least one major network certification (MCSE, CCNP, etc.).
- Experience with Palto Alto highly desirable.
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in LAN/WAN environments with responsibility for maintaining network services, security & administration.
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience with storage technologies, virtualization (VMWare)
- Ability to be proactive and work professionally in a pressured, diverse and growing environment.