A major fabric manufacturer selects Marcum Technology to build and install a new virtual data center
Marcum Technology was given the opportunity to complete a project for a major fabric manufacturer. The primary goal of the project was to build and install a new virtual data center design that would make the client's daily operations run more efficiently.
With over 1,000 team members worldwide and operating facilities in the Dominican Republic, Vietnam, China, the Philippines and Cambodia, this client manufactures a variety of apparel, medical products, and fabrics.
Marcum Technology implemented an infrastructure refresh that would be able to provide their customers with excellent availability on a consistent basis.
Marcum Technology installed and configured new infrastructure consisting of two HP servers, redundant NetApp storage, Datto back appliance with offsite cloud retention and Cisco redundant networking.
During the process Marcum Technology completed the following:
- Rack and Stack all Hardware
- Configure two hosts, NetApp SAN and Cisco switches
- Install VMware on hosts and vCenter
- Deploy new Microsoft Windows 2012 Domain controllers
- Replicate Active Directory (AD) to these new Domain Controllers
- Swap and decommission the existing Domain Controllers
- Use VMware converter and multiple workloads to the new VMware environment
- Install Datto appliance
- Configure Datto backups for all servers including Exchange, Citrix and Domain Controllers
- Configure backups for cloud replication
- As-built Documentation
- Project Management
Marcum Technology knows how to successfully build and install a virtual datacenter as the project was completed not only on time but also within budget.